Everdry Waterproofing is Your Interior Waterproofing Expert
Interior waterproofing is an oft-forgotten necessity for homeowners. Some regard waterproofing as an inconvenience and ignore it. But they do so at their own peril. Without basement waterproofing, your home and its foundation are vulnerable to structural damage, mold, mildew, and other issues. Even more concerning, water in your basement can manifest in ways that put the health of you and your family members at risk. But Everdry Waterproofing is determined to keep your home and family safe by providing interior basement waterproofing systems for your house. We have more than three decades’ worth of experience delivering high-quality waterproofing solutions to clients in and around Waukesha, WI. Call us at (262) 650-1006 today to learn more about our detailed approach to waterproofing your basement.
Poor Waterproofing Can Cause Considerable Damage
Your home in Waukesha, WI is susceptible to significant damage if you fail to take proper basement waterproofing measures. If your house has poor waterproofing – or lacks it entirely – you run the risk of cracks, mold, mildew, and even structural defects. Moisture can enter your home or basement in a variety of ways, so it is important to employ reliable interior waterproofing strategies offered by Everdry Waterproofing. We can help protect against rain or groundwater seeping through your foundation, humid air entering your living space and condensing on cooler surfaces, and moisture from interior sources such as humidifiers. Some issues will be apparent, such as water trickling out of your walls, foul odors, and mold or mildew appearing on your walls and sealings. But more severe issues could include rotting wood, bulging or cracked concrete, and corroded piping, all of which can compromise your home’s structural integrity. Before this happens at your house, causing hundreds if not thousands of dollars’ worth of basement repairs, allow Everdry Waterproofing to waterproof your foundation.
Types of Interior Waterproofing Solutions in Waukesha, WI
Everdry Waterproofing offers a wide range of interior waterproofing solutions in Waukesha, WI, and we will happily help you determine which is best for you. We can waterproof basement flooring, provide concrete waterproofing strategies, and ensure you have a waterproof foundation. Our interior basement waterproofing systems include:
– French drain – We can construct a French drain system around the perimeter of your Waukesha, WI house or within its basement. This method involves a gravel-filled trench that helps channel water into a perforated pipe that empties water from your basement a safe distance away from the house.
– Sump pump – Everdry Waterproofing can install a sump pump beneath your basement flooring to collect groundwater before it becomes a threat to your foundation. The water your sump pump collects will be redirected away from your home.
– Dehumidifying – Our team can install dehumidification systems to keep your basement dry, eliminate odors, and protect against mold growth. Dehumidifiers may also connect to a sump pump that can remove the condensate they collect.
– Basement wall treatments – Waterproofing is necessary for your basement walls, which can develop mold in damp conditions. Everdry Waterproofing can supply concrete waterproofing coatings, silicate-based concrete sealers, specific paints, or plastic sheets and panels to accomplish this endeavor.
– Concrete coatings and sealers – Concrete waterproofing coatings are cement-like materials that adhere to walls, protecting them against water damage. Sealers react with concrete or brick to form a hard, waterproof surface that will not flake or peel.
– Safewall waterproofing panels – Appropriate for basements with interior drainage systems, panels will not stop water from entering your basement but will keep it from ruining what is inside.
– Vapor barrier and wall treatments – A vapor barrier consists of plastic or metal foil that covers your walls’ insulation. With a vapor barrier present, moist air will not be able to pass through your insulation and collect inside the walls.
Can You Waterproof a Basement from the Inside?
Waterproofing a basement from the inside is a reliable option that does not require major exterior excavation. It is popular among Waukesha, WI homeowners because the professionals at Everdry Waterproofing can perform the necessary actions quickly and economically, saving you basement repair expenses related to floor cracks, wall cracks, and gaps. We can install interior drain tile, which involves a system of pipes under your basement floor to alleviate hydrostatic pressure and divert water from your home. This technique will incorporate a sump pump to eliminate water from your living space. We can also repair interior cracks and seal them with epoxy to ensure durability.
How Do You Waterproof Interior Basement Walls?
Waterproofing basement walls is necessary for the structural integrity of your home, and it also helps ensure safe air quality. Everdry Waterproofing can protect your basement walls by providing sealers during construction or after you have noticed an issue. While waterproofing your exterior walls will go a long way to complement interior efforts, we can guarantee your protection by introducing a host of products to preserve your wall from the inside. We can only use concrete waterproofing coatings and silicate-based concrete sealers on walls that have not been painted, but they will provide a finished look that shields your basement from water damage. You can cover previously-painted surfaces with an acrylic formula that spreads thickly.
How Do You Waterproof a Block Wall?
For cinder block walls, we start by patching any holes with an expanding cement or epoxy. However, keep in mind that this will prevent water from leaking through the blocks into your basement, but will not protect water from seeping into the blocks. After the cinder blocks dry for a full 24 hours, cover them with multiple coats of a masonry waterproofing paint, which will keep any moisture from entering your basement from the outside.
What is the Best Waterproofing Method?
The best approach to interior waterproofing for your home in Waukesha, WI is a combination of several techniques. Everdry Waterproofing will incorporate interior sealants to protect your walls, interior water drainage through sump pumps to redirect any water that could enter your home, and dehumidifiers to remove moisture from the air that could cause respiratory issues in addition to mold and mildew. Without adequate waterproofing, you risk the health of your family and the reliability of your home. Do not continue to ignore damp walls, small pools of water on your basement floor, or a musty odor. Each is a sign that something is wrong. Let Everdry Waterproofing resolve that issue for you.
Call us at (262) 650-1006 for a free, no-obligation inspection today.