BASEMENT WATERPROOFING OSHKOSH, WI | CALL NOW! 800-398-4090
Oshkosh was named for Menominee Chief Oshkosh, whose name meant “claw”(cf. Ojibwe oshkanzh, “the claw”).Although the fur trade brought the first European settlers to the area as early as 1818, it never became a major player in the fur trade. It was the establishment and growth of the lumber industry in the area that spurred development of Oshkosh. Oshkosh was incorporated as a city in 1853, although it had already been designated the county seat, and had a population of nearly 2,800.
Basement Waterproofing Oshkosh, WI – Sump Pump Tips – Oshkosh, WI
- Keep your sump pit covered. Pump obstructions account for a large percentage of sump pump failures. We’ve seen everything; from kids’ toys to dirty socks causing pump failure and subsequent water damage. Be sure the lid is tightly secured so nothing gets in there!
- Tidy up sump pump cords with zip ties! Your sump pump’s float switch is the part that engages and disengages the pump as it fills with water, and can easily get wrapped up in loose, messy cords. Use zip ties to make sure cords a tightly secured away from your pump’s float switch.
- Test your pump once a month. By pouring a few buckets of water directly into your sump pit, you can determine whether or not your pump is working effectively. If something doesn’t look quite right, consider calling for a professional evaluation.
Every month, we at Everdry Wisconsin are giving out a Kindle Fire. Scroll down and leave a reply with the following information:
- E-mail Address
- What you like about your city
- Why you would want basement waterproofing in your home
Also, serving these areas Milwaukee Waterproofing, Kenosha Waterproofing, Racine Waterproofing, Waukesha Waterproofing, Janesville Waterproofing, West Allis Waterproofing, Sheboygan Waterproofing, Wauwatosa Waterproofing, Fond du Lac Waterproofing, Brookfield Waterproofing