Choosing a Trustworthy Basement Waterproofing Contractor
Waterproofing your basement is essential for avoiding flooding and mold growth. But if you don’t use a reputable contractor, it might not be worth the cost. Here’s some advice on choosing a trustworthy basement waterproofing contractor.
Check Their Credentials
A crucial step in choosing a basement waterproofing contractor is to do your research. Check to see that the contractor has the right credentials to legally do this kind of work in your area. This usually means asking if they are licensed, bonded, and insured.
Check Online Reviews
There are many online resources now to see what customers think of a contractor.
Here are a few:
- You can search the contractor’s name in a general search, but also look at the group pages for your local area. Some of those reviews and comments aren’t public and can only be seen by members of the group. If you belong to one of those groups and don’t see the contractor mentioned, feel free to ask if anyone has used them and how it went.
- com is a lot like Facebook. People love to post their experiences with contractors, good or bad. Contractors frequent these sites too, and you can often see how they interact with customers.
- Google has online reviews for local businesses. Just google the name of the company plus your zip code and see what comes up.
- Angie’s List is designed specifically for customers to review local companies.
- The Better Business Bureau has lots of information on local companies and shows if they’ve had complaints. A high rating is a default, so don’t hire based on that.
Ask For a Free Inspection
After you’ve read reviews, call a couple of contractors for a free inspection. This gives you a chance to evaluate their demeanor and reliability and ask them questions.
After the inspection, each contractor should give you a clear expectation of when you’ll receive a written estimate. Once they arrive, compare these estimates. They should be very clearly written. Call and ask them questions. This process gives you a chance to evaluate the quality and clarity you’ll experience as a customer.
Avoid High-Pressure Sales
After the free inspection is performed and the estimate arrives, some contractors may pressure you to sign up with them immediately. Sometimes basement work is urgently needed, but this is not a good sign. A good contractor knows that the customer needs time to evaluate their options.
The basement waterproofing solutions from Everdry Waterproofing keep homes in Milwaukee, WI dry starting at the foundation where most water problems begin. Keeping water out of your basement will limit the growth and spread of mold, protect your belongings, and add function to your basement. Have questions about our waterproofing techniques? Our friendly team of professionals is here to discuss all of our services and answer any questions you have. Contact us to schedule an estimate and get one step closer to having a dry basement free of mold!