Basement Waterproofing to Prevent Mold

Did you know mold is a living organism? Gross! If that’s not unsettling enough to get you to take action, consider this: toxic basement mold in Wisconsin can impair your memory, weaken your immune system, and raise your risk of heart disease and cancer!

So what can you do to safely minimize the harmful effects of toxic basement mold for you and your family? Well, the only way to permanently eliminate the possibility of mold growth is to identify and eliminate the source of excess moisture that’s being allowing into your home. This generally involves the help of a professional basement waterproofing company.

However, there are a few things non-toxic solutions you can implement RIGHT NOW to reduce the risk of exposure in the short term until you can put forth a long term solution. Traditionally, homeowners would use a 10% bleach solution to kill mold, but bleach can be very harmful as well.

This can be avoided by use a 5% solution of hydrogen peroxide. Pour 5% hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle, fill the rest with water, and spray directly onto the affected area(s) of the wall. (Be sure to wear a dust mask!) Once generously applied to the wall, let it sit for about 10-20 minutes, then scrub vigorously with a durable sponge. Repeat this on all affected areas once a week for 3 weeks, and you will have made a significant impact.

    Ready for a Healthy Basement?

    Everdry is the Nation's leader in basement waterproofing with
    patented, proven solutions complete with a lifetime warranty and
    over 100,000 satisfied customers!

    Ready To Get Started?

    Our Basement Waterproofing Specialists Are Ready to Assist.
    Contact Us Today to Schedule a no Pressure, no Obligation, Free Quote!

    Request A Free Inspection