Choosing the right contractor doesn’t have to be a hassle. Below is a list of 5 things you’re going to want to look for when searching out a reputable contractor or basement waterproofing professional for your next home project.
- Do a Little Online Research. Any reputable contractor should have some kind of listing online. Generally, you’ll want to look for independent directory listings where customers can go on a rate companies objectively. Although you’ll want to take most of these with a grain of salt, they can be a great asset.
- Free Inspections. Don’t fall for anything other than a totally free inspection. That means no deposits, no credit card holds, no checks, nothing. If a contractor comes out to your home to take a look, make sure that’s all they take.
- Time to Write it Down. If you’ve agreed to have a company come out for a free inspection an estimate, make sure they leave you with something. You’re going to want them to provide you with a written estimate that clearly explains the solutions they propose as well as the costs associated with them.
- License, Bond, Insurance. You can’t be too careful, and you certainly can’t foresee what could go wrong at a jobsite. By making sure your contractor of choice is licensed, insured, and bonded, you are protected yourself and your investment against anything that may happen over the course of the job.
- Professional Affiliations. A nice bonus is finding a contractor with professional affiliations. A contractor with professional credentials and peer support means you’re directly benefiting from collective industry knowledge.
Don’t forget to comment and share below!